Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Healthy Eating Tips

Recently I've been using some simple healthier eating tips and wanted to make a collection of them on Pinterest to share.  Well, I don't have the time to take all those fancy pictures and edit them to add text as I really would like. So this will be the spot for my random collection.

  • Use unsweetened applesauce in place of maple syrup on pancakes.
  • Put cooked peas or broccoli in Mac & Cheese
  • Mix in butternut squash puree anytime you melt cheddar cheese.  Grilled cheese, mac & cheese, quesadillas, etc
  • Always find a way to put a fruit or veggie in muffins!
  • Roast veggies.  The tastiest way to eat them.
  • Prep veggies when you bring them home.  Seriously, it took be a while to jump on this bandwagon, but I'm so much more likely to toss them in when they are already ready.
  • On that same note, Mason Jar Salads.  
  • Sloppy Joe's are also a good place to put diced veggies of any sort.
 

No comments: