Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Hike 1 - Revival

Inspired by fall like weather, the requirement to be alone*, and the idea that there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing, I have made a goal for me and the kids to hike or explore a different nature trail at least once each week. After today's hike, I also thought it would be fun to revive the blog and keep a journal of our hikes.

We headed to Lake Perry. I had planned on going to a couple of spots we had been before. However, the road to get there was closed, so driving a little further we found the State Park Hiking and Biking trails where I had never been. Caleb started with the map and we planned a route that would get us to the lake, as that was a part of the goal - spend time playing by the water. The trail along the lake wasn't actually to the lake, so we hiked a short distance through a water run-off area to a rocky beach. There we skipped rocks, broke rocks, and collected nature treasures.



This area had so many more trails to hike, I am excited to go back. Though we will not return until the ticks leave as the kids did not appreciate the tiny tick invasion we discovered upon returning home.
* Social distancing and quarentine during a global pandemic. We will all remember this part of the year 2020.

No comments: