I was pondering experiences on my commute for work today. I love experiencing things! I love new experiences! I love that everyone has different experiences.
I was first remembering the house I lived in for five months in college. I was trying to remember what it was like eating supper there. It wasn't an experience I had for very long and the memories of eating supper are a bit foggy.
Then, approaching the toll booth, I remembered the experience I had once, getting stuck in the K-Tag lane with a line of cars behind me. I thought how not very many people ever even have the opportunity to get 'stuck in the K-Tag lane.'
Driving in LA traffic is on thing I may never experience. Although I hope to visit a friend in LA soon, I sure hope I don't have to drive while there.
My current experience allows me to know that when a co-workers says "I'm going to NRA this weekend." I know she does not mean the National Rifle Assoc, rather the National Restaurant Association. And on that note, I never thought I would know so much about semi-trucks and all the rules that go along with driving them. But I do ... and it's fun!
I have had many experiences in my life. Many great, some not so good. Some I share with others, some you may have experienced in your own way, some only I could experience.
I was first remembering the house I lived in for five months in college. I was trying to remember what it was like eating supper there. It wasn't an experience I had for very long and the memories of eating supper are a bit foggy.
Then, approaching the toll booth, I remembered the experience I had once, getting stuck in the K-Tag lane with a line of cars behind me. I thought how not very many people ever even have the opportunity to get 'stuck in the K-Tag lane.'
Driving in LA traffic is on thing I may never experience. Although I hope to visit a friend in LA soon, I sure hope I don't have to drive while there.
My current experience allows me to know that when a co-workers says "I'm going to NRA this weekend." I know she does not mean the National Rifle Assoc, rather the National Restaurant Association. And on that note, I never thought I would know so much about semi-trucks and all the rules that go along with driving them. But I do ... and it's fun!
I have had many experiences in my life. Many great, some not so good. Some I share with others, some you may have experienced in your own way, some only I could experience.
Participating in Dance Squad and Marching Band in high school (and all the little experiences that go along with that) ~ Living in Europe ~ bag swings ~ Yellowstone (in 2 days) ~ water skiing ~ forgiveness ~ piano lessons as a child ~ going on a road trip with a dog ~ living in college dorms ~ riding in a plane over the ocean ~ salvation
There are many things I have not experienced. Many that others have experienced. Some that I don’t necessarily ever want to. And some I hope to in the near future.
Going on a cruise ~ breaking a bone ~ siblings ~ living in a small town ~ Alaska ~ waking up, opening my eyes and seeing a blur ~ swimming in the ocean ~ riding a camel ~ having my car run out of gas while on the road
I sincerely do not regret any experience I have or have not had. I’m just so thankful that I can have and remember experiences in this life. I’m excited to have more, ultimately experiencing the Glory of God. “And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.” Romans 5:2
No comments:
Post a Comment