Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Menu Plan Monday on Sunday

After doing meal plans for only three weeks I really understand why people like it and do it. Here's the top reasons I like menu planning.
  • Organization
  • I'm more likely to cook something
  • One well planned trip to the grocery store.
  • By knowing what's for dinner tomorrow sometimes I get started on it the evening before; time saver, and just another reason to actually make the meal!
Here's the plan for this week.
Sunday: Scalloped Potatoes and ham
Monday: Pasta & green beans (one of my favorites, right Schism?)
Tuesday: Beefy Tex-Mex stir-fry
Wednesday: Leftovers on the run
Thursday: And again, leftovers on the run
Friday: Homemade Calzones; this was my inspiration, but I plan to change it quite a bit.

Check out others at Menu Plan Monday.

3 comments:

Kelli B said...

Sarah! Your cooking is really inspiring. I wish I had more recipes, time, and ideas on what to cook. Do you find that you guys stick to your weekly plan most often? We have a hard time with that and hate wasting food.

Love it girl!

Sarah said...

I usually do stick to the plan. A lot of that is my personality - I like knowing in advance what I'll be doing so it's pretty easy for me to keep the plan. Even after a long day at work if I know what's for supper, it's easy for me to get to it once at home.
I waste less (I think) because I can plan two meals with the same thing, if one recipe won't use it all. I commonly do that with green peppers, for example.

And just for fun, one of my favorite resources right now is the Healthy Cooking magazine from Taste of Home. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Healthy-Cooking-Magazine

Anonymous said...

The meal plans have been a lifesaver at our house...