Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I have a very exciting announcement.

And here it is...
That's right, we can run water down the drain in the kitchen!!!
Hope I didn't get you too worked up. Tried to pull a "James"* with that one.
But this is very exciting, and let me tell you why. No more blue bowl in the sink, no more taking it outside every 5 minutes when cooking, no more dishes in the bath tub, no more 2-week-old dirty dishes in the dishwasher!!

This pipe quit doing it's job two weeks ago. After lots of digging, some major sawing, sewer water in our basement (again), we figured out why.

Welcome, brand new, fully functioning, modern PVC pipe. I'm very glad you're here!



*FYI: James is a friend here in Topeka who often says "My wife and I have an announcement..." at which point friends start to get wide-eyed, excited smiles. Then he finishes "We're getting a new dryer." or "We're having a cook-out" rather than the anticipated "we're going to have a baby."

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Congratulations! Isn't it kind of fantastic when you have something unusable, like the sink, and then you can use it again and you feel like it's a luxury?

Sarah said...

Yes! :-)