Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Camping again

This time it was a bit colder. Note the frost on the grill and all the people staying around the fire.


So, I really haven't been caming all that much, but this is the first time I remember being kept awake by an animal. A pesky racoon. A pesky and persistent racoon! After Ryan had already been out of the tent a few different times to move trash and other easy-to-get items, the darn racoon came back and tried to steal our bread - which was in a small plastic tote. He almost succeeded in dragging it into the woods. This time I got up, but was so scared the racoon was going to bite me for taking it's food/toy/loot.

Well, I successfully secured the bread box without a bite and tucked back in, when, a few minutes later the 'coon came back and OPENED one of our big totes and took the ... picinic tablecloth? What a pest. That isn't even food and he still tried to get it. I estimate it was about 4am; Ryan and another of our friends took all the large totes and coolers and secured them in the truck.

Maybe 15 mintues later I heard loud clanging and rummaging noises at our 'neighbors' camp site. So much for sleeping in peace.

No comments: