Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

My Problem with Fast Food

This morning I decided to treat myself to a McDonald's Egg McMuffin. About every 3 years, one of those just sounds so good. I pulled through the drive-thru on my way to work; placed my order and grabbed the bag all while sitting in the same spot. I proceeded to eat my 'treat' while driving to work. (Ok, eating while driving may be a whole other issue, but I know I'm not the only one who does it.)

Once I arrived at work and did my morning organizing tasks, during a moment of pause I thought to myself, "Did I really eat an egg McMuffin this morning?" Because of the nature of fast food, I hadn't even taken the time to actually fully enjoy my morning treat. Rather, I'd chowed down while having a more important task on which to focus. I had just consumed who knows what and how many calories calling it a treat but eating like nothing important.

Next time I give myself a treat, I'm actually going to take the time to sit down, pause and really enjoy it. So it most likely will not come from a fast food drive-thru. Hey, added bonus of most likely being better for me, too.

No comments: