Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Square Foot Garden.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm using a version of Square Foot Gardening. I purchased the book last year and now found this great site! I say "a version" of SFG because I'm not using the soil mix - to save money. Last year, we brought in a truck load of supposedly better dirt than the clay stuff found all over Kansas. The veggies grew. So this year I'm just mixing in a bit of homemade compost.

While browsing my new favorite site of the week, I noticed some photos and did a little comparing. Look at this soil compared to mine in the post below.

She has such pretty holes poked for planting and it looks like they were very easy to make. Tonight... I did not have pretty holes, rather mud-dirt-clump things kept falling in.

I still managed to plant onions and spinach, and broccoli transplants. Oh - and things have already changed from the plans below.

Now for something else I'm not so good at ... patience while waiting for the seeds to grow!!!

Sorry no photos today. I considered trying to take one of myself while planting then just decided to wait and beg my husband to take some next round.

No comments: