The third cake I made
Peach Up-side Down Cake
I have also nicknamed Triple Sugar. The recipe calls for a some brown sugar in a pan, lay some peach sugar over it, then top with white sugar mixed with eggs & flour. This was a variation to the Pineapple Up-side Down Cake. The tartness of the pineapple probably would have helped balance all the sugar a bit more. But I LOVE peaches, so that's what I did.It was good, I would make it again. Though more work that I usually have baking. I had to separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff. See that little white circle in the cake that looks kind of like a banana slice? Is the hunk of egg whites that didn't get stiffened. I bit into it and what surprised that my cake tasted like a fried egg - oh, yea, I remembered pouring in some liquid egg white. Haha.
One Thumb up. I have to leave room for other cakes that taste better.

No comments:
Post a Comment