Here's my sling bag
It's a bit bigger than I like for an everyday purse, but I decided while I was sewing it would make a good traveling purse. My camera, a book and maybe even a few toys (if I decide to let the Dude invade my space) will fit in it. No more having three things slung over my shoulder while wandering around a new town.
Since I'm not always that against the Dude ;) I made him something. He loves cars and I just love this little car caddy. Seems like a great way to limit the amount of cars he can take somewhere while providing it's own entertainment value.
This Easy baby skirt is SO easy and so cute. I definitely see more of these in my future.
And not from Pinterest but fun sewing projects non the less. Caleb's twin bed quilt.
and some bibs and burp cloths for the little lady on her way.
Part of my sewing 'philosophy' is re-using materials. I love creating something new from old worn clothes or sheets -which provide a TON of material. Materials used for the above projects include:
Sling bag: thrifted fabric & a thrifted bed sheet
Car Caddy: old jeans, Ryan's dress shirt, oops, I guess there is a scrap of some fabric I purchased a while back.
Baby Skirt: my old t-shirt
Quilt: Thrifted bed sheet, holey jeans from several friends and family, thrifted yarn
Bibs: old flannel pjs, worn bed sheet and thrifted material.





2 comments:
Um, little girl on the way? Is that YOURS?!?!?! YAY!
Good to see you on here again. :)
Post a Comment