Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Garden Update

I may be the only one that reads back through my old blog posts. And since I did that yesterday, I thought it about time for a little update.

First.  Compost.  Trial #2 was an error.  Too heavy to turn and the frame wasn't stable enough.  So Trial #3 began.  A fenced in area, to keep the dog out with a gate for easy turning.  Though I really don't turn it often, so we'll see if this pile of scraps turns into compost on it's own.

Next: we moved the garden to a sunnier location.  It's still a work in progress as we try to kill the grass and use the ground rather than raised beds.  But, as always, the most difficult part has been outsmarting the dog by engineering the proper fencing to keep him out.  You can see here the orange snow fence with added wood strips, tomato cages and finally our chairs.  Each item added as Camden somehow made it over the previous.
I'm so excited about the success of the spinach and lettuce this year.  Ready for the peppers and squash!  We keep improving the garden - little by little.

No comments: