Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Garden


This year I finally received the harvest from my garden I've been waiting for.  Nothing huge, but very encouraging.  All it took was moving the garden to a sunny location.  Oh, that and engineering a fence to keep the dog and all other usual garden pests out. I might be getting in my garden groove.

So I've spent time the past several days planning and drawing a garden for 2014.  Digging a new bed to the east of our house.  Gathering long sticks for the pole beans.  Paying attention to seed varieties.  Planting a winter cover crop.  I am very excited!

Just today I ran across this inspiring blog!  Wow, to have a garden that provides us with most of our meals.  Meals of plates full of colorful, tasty veggies.  My dream ... and a very achievable dream if I continue to put all this planning into action.

On the list for 2014 garden: tomatoes, peppers, peas, green beans, pickling cucumbers, zucchini, winter squash, lettuce, spinach, beets, herbs and maybe other greens.
 

No comments: