I did it! I actually used my usual snooze time to get up and walk on our treadmil this morning. I've been thinking about this for at least a month. Today I finally got over all of my excuses:
-I like sleep
-I went to bed too late
-it's too hard to get up
-just another 5 minutes (which turns into 30)
-I'd rather walk outside and it's too cold/dark
-the unspoken rule of being to work 30-60 minutes early
-I'm not that lazy during the day so do I really need to exercise (the answer is YES!).
Now, I'll work on ... well doing it tomorrow... and then making it a habit. When it gets warmer, I'll get outside and take the dog with me. That will be good for both of us!
In high school I was on the dance team and woke up every morning around 4:30 to be at school by 6am and exercise for 2 hours. Now, I sometimes wonder how I did it, and more often wish I still did.
2 comments:
How'd it go this morning? I definitely didn't use the snooze, just went right back to sleep...
Well, I used the snooze. But then I made myself feel better by doing a bit of Pilates. I think I'll alternate morning activities... or maybe that's just another excuse.
Post a Comment