Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Flop

Well, the breakfast casserole in a Crockpot was a bit of a flop. I had such high hopes and kept such an open mind. I've had a few other breakfast casseroles that I haven't really enjoyed but this recipe looked to have good simple ingredients. First, I cooked it too long cause I went to bed early last night. There were some charred edges but lots of good stuff in the middle. Then I tried it for lunch and it tasted like single flavored mush.
I started telling a co-worker about my experiment. Immediately after I mentioned that it was breakfast casserole in a crock pot, she made this face and expressed her thoughts that it would not be good. "You have to be careful what you put in a Crockpot", she said.
Ryan said it was okay. It's his kind of food. I figured he would.

I still think using the crockpot is a great idea... so I'll be trying some other recipes!

No comments: