Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Dog's Life

It's a beautifully sunny yet windy fall day today. While washing dishes this afternoon I was gazing out the kitchen window. I saw Camden sitting with a straight back, ears perked-up just waiting for some squirrel to scamper across the yard so he could make a mad dash after it. Well, in the few minutes I watched him there were no squirrels. But I was considering what it would be like if I were so simple minded that the highlight of my day could be sitting on the deck, on guard for... squirrels. Okay, maybe not the squirrel part, but to just sit on the deck keeping watch over the back yard.
It may be simpler and more relaxing, but certainly not what humans were made for.

Ryan and I spent the afternoon priming the basement. Also fun and exciting.

1 comment:

BobBetsy said...

I think that is what many of my riders do all day. I don't know how many like it or not, nor how many even know it.

Tell more about the new "title picture".