At the end of August, I flew to Los Angeles to visit a friend. One of our planned activities was hiking to the Hollywood sign. As a person who almost always wears flip flops, I had to make a special point to get my hiking shoes from Kansas to California, then also to have them in the car for the hike. I succeeded at having shoes but had only one sock. Thankfully, the Chacos are so comfortable that I quickly to decided to just wear them... and enjoyed it. Definitely a photo worthy adventure.
The dusty path made my feet horribly dirty. Pardon the monotone dirt look of the Chacos on my feet.
But the story doesn't end there. An hour and a half after finishing the hike, we pulling into my friend's driveway [almost] in Pasadena. "Where's my other shoe?" We looked through the nooks and crannies of her black car until I was convinced that I had, in fact, left it at the trail head. Just one of them.
It was too far to go back, So the photo above is the last with these Chacos together and there is one floating around somewhere in Hollywood.
Good news. Being the Chaco lover that I am, I most always have two pair on hand. So the next day when we went to the beach, the black pair joined the adventures. This was the day I swam in the ocean for the first time ever.
The end of the story is, I purchased a new pair on my way home from the airport, before I even returned to my house from this fun trip. Stay tuned for more Chacos Adventures....

No comments:
Post a Comment