Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Unexpected

Well this isn't some dramatic blog post about a major, unexpected life changing event that my thoughts would tend to drift toward after reading a title like that.  Sometimes it's the little unexpected things that are note worthy.

We are a frugal minded couple.  Use minimally, reuse when possible and purchase on sale.  In looking for deck stain for the large swing set we were gifted, the first stop is the Shawnee County Hazardous Household Waste Center.  People can take their hazardous waste and it will be disposed of properly, or sorted through and the good stuff set on shelves for other people to come take.  Pretty much an organized swapping place. 

Yesterday, it was a family outing, as I was also looking for some spray paint.  A quick glance showed there was no spray paint, but to my right ... "Seriously?"  It was finger nail polish remover.  I was a bit surprised to see two bottles ... but then very excited.  I am about to run out and was kind of dreading going to the store and paying full price for a new bottle.  So I grabbed them, smelled them to make sure that's what it was and put them in our box.  A day later I'm still so excited about the find.

In case you're wondering why such a frugally minded person needs fingernail polish remover .. or fingernail polish.  Well, I just like to keep my toenails painted with all the flip-flop wearing I do.  And I've built quite the stash of free-after-coupon polishes.

No comments: