Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Coupon things

There are some good deals at CVS this week.

What I picked-up:
2 Pert Plus shampoos - Buy 1 get 1 free (B1G1) $3.69
1 Oral B Toothbrush - $2.49
2 Colegate Toothpastes - $2.99 each
2 Cover Girl Compacts - $9.99 (one not pictured)
1 Children's Advil - $5.49 (also not pictured - already gave to a friend)
1 CVS shave gel - $1.99
2 CVS tampons - $1.49
1 Schick Intuition - $3.99 (rain check from last week)
How I Paid:
2 $2/1 Pert Plus coupons - making this free plus overage
$1/1 Oral B Advantage toothbrush
$1.50/1 Colegate coupon (from the freebie I requested)
$1/1 Colegate coupon
B1G1 Covergirl coupon
$1/1 Children's Advil coupon
$2 off CVS skin care product
Rain check for the tampons from last months ECB - making these free
$4/1 Schick razor coupon
ECBs: $8.98
Cash: $.45 + a whoping $1.97 in tax!

ECBs received:
$11.29

If you are new to couponing my tip Number 1 is start collecting coupons. I get the KC Star delivered ($26 for 6 months of the weekend papers) and also have neighbors and co-workers that give me their coupon inserts (I give them free items in exchange) to get more than one of each coupon. There are a lot of online resources that discuss the deals each week. You can link to Shannon's blog or MoneySavingMom from my links section - from there link to many other blogs of couponers. Tip number 2 is get organized. Find a good way for you to sort and organize your coupons. I also find is very beneficial to spend time planning my trips for each week - pulling out the coupons I plan to use and putting them in a separate envelope.

1 comment:

BobBetsy said...

This is so neat - a money saving hobby rather than an expense. Fun to plan and execute good plans.