I like trying new recipes and falling back on old favorites. Each week I try to put a new meal on the menu. Thing is, Ryan and I like a bit different style of taste in meals. So sometimes we'll try a new one of his, and sometimes it will be one of my choosing. Always trying to find that middle ground.
Last night, I made a new goulash recipe. As we were finishing I ask the standard new-recipe questions, "Should I make this again? Often? or just once in a while?" Last night's response... "Not a fan". Translated, I would eat it but don't make it again. That's what I want to know... and it's on to the next new recipe to try.
Later that evening, talking with some other ladies, one mentioned that she and her husband had a 5 star rating system. He would rate the meals based on 5 stars and put it right on her recipe card. Sometimes she would want to make his favorite meal... or she could warn him "It's a 3 star meal tonight."
Great idea! Went home, told Ryan and he responded that he was actually thinking about something like that during dinner. So, we're going to implement the Recipe Rating System.
*****5 stars = Yum! Make it everyday!
****4 stars = It's good. You can add to the meal rotation.
***3 stars = I like it. Make again someday.. but not too often.
**2 stars = Edible, but don't make it again, please.
*1 star = No good. Didn't even finish it the first time.
These will probably show up on the weekly menu plan, as the blog is a good place for me to track things like this. And then you can get to know our tastes... I know, how exciting! [with a hint of sarcasm]
2 comments:
sounds like a great idea!! When all your meals are 5 start, you'll have to have your own cookbook!
Cheers
Dennis
That would be a great idea. :)
Post a Comment