Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

From a cruise to bok choy

Interesting post title? ...... here's the story.

When we went on the cruise last summer we stayed with friends in Seattle. A bag of veggies appeared at their door while we were there. They, of course were expecting it but we had never herd of this CSA thing. So an informative conversation occurred while Kelly sorted through her bag of surprises for the week. Our interest was piqued.

We looked into some local CSA's in our area last fall, thinking the closest one required a 40 minute drive. Not so economical or green. This spring Ryan discovered one in our own town. We considered for a while, went to gather some information and ended up signing up for an alternate list. Being somewhere around number 15 on the list I wasn't hopeful. But this week I received a call there was a bag available! The fun adventure begins.

I say adventure because we were told there would be veggies we've never had or cooked with before. And this bag didn't disappoint.

Of course, I know what to do with these beauties.


But we need some ideas for the turnips and bok choy. What have you ever made with these?
We might try this recipe I noticed in a Rachel Ray Magazine or do a handy dandy ingredient search on one of the recipe websites.

No comments: