
I actually laugh when I see these spinach stems. They look so ...umm... funny (which is why I laugh) and pokey, even if they should be a little saddening. So it seems our spring spinach will have to come from the farmer's market. I might try a fall planting this year and I think it's one of those plants that can grow again this year!
The broccoli is still growing good and the beans sprouted nice and strong over the weekend of neglect while we were out of town. Thanks to my husband's rain collection and drip hose idea the garden stayed watered. Then I get home from work today and only one still has leaves. Hmm... what likes spinach and beans but not peas or lettuce? Time to do some pest investigation - the dogs have quit doing their job.In another area of the yard, the green pepper looks good and healthy.
I'm beginning to really see there can be so many ups and downs with gardening. And I'm glad my attitude is keeping me going rather than giving up. I'm ready to keep planting and learning and harvest more every new season!Click below for more garden inspiration:


5 comments:
Sorry about your spinach plant but the peppers look awesome!!
oh i have my first pepper plant this year! yours looks great. i followed you here from an oregon cottage.
Poor sad spinach. I have voles eating my radishes and deer working on the strawberries. If it's not beasts, it's bugs!
At least your critters are getting their vitamins! ;-)
Your peppers look great - I'm growing peppers for the first time this year. I'm still trying to figure how to know when they are ready to be picked.
Thanks for sharing!
I love your attitude, and when you're eating some of your harvests, you'll realize it's worth it. It's a great feeling to eat something you've grown, and there is a learning curve. Let us know when you find out what ate them- it's not slugs, they'd leave some of the leaves, and cutworms would only leave a stump- very curious!
Thanks for linking to the Tuesday Garden Party!
Post a Comment