Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Landscaping

something my husband is only slightly better at than I am. Actually, I'm just a plant killer. I can grow veggies (because I reap the harvest) but plants just to look at don't last long in my care. Add to that almost full shade and under the eaves and it makes a horrible spot for me to work with.

Shortly after we moved in, we consulted with a local garden store and tried this.


Shortly later (ok maybe a year or two) those were all dead, save for those grasses in front of the window sill that are flourishing.

Today, Ryan shopped the 50% off plant sale at our local grocery store and came up with some new options. The hosta was given by a co-worker.


So, here's to hoping I can post another photo in two years in which all of the plants show the same growth as those grasses.

No comments: